9 Ways HR Should Be Using Text Messaging
It’s an exciting time to be running a texting platform for businesses. We’re learning a lot and and supremely passionate about what we do. Though text recruiting still has inroads to make in corporate America we are glad to be along for the ride. Our customers teach us new things almost everyday.
One of the early learnings we’ve picked up is how some of our customers began using our tool to send internal communications. By simply uploading a list of employee phone numbers your HR team can reach nearly every employee in an instant.
It’s great to see how our user base finds new ways to make texting a primary part of their day to day activities. So with that in mind, let’s explore all the ways you can use SMS to foster a more engaging internal human resources communications strategy.
- Onboarding New Employees: Texting offers you a simple effective way to remind your new hire where to go on their first day of work as well as links to important information.
- Mass Notifications: Having a snow day? Want to remind employees of the upcoming holiday schedule? Notify your workforce about schedule changes, closings and more.
- Open Enrollment: Every fall you need to communicate the latest options and enrollment forms for their healthcare. Text messages offer a much faster way at ensuring everyone is prepared.
- Employee Feedback: Send survey links by text to get a better completion rate. You will get more responses if you use SMS instead of email.
- Motivation: Keep your team motivated with exciting company news or perhaps by giving 1 to 1 shoutouts to personnel who go above and beyond the call of duty. Let them know they are appreciated.
- Payroll & Timesheets: Remind hourly workers about payroll changes and timesheets that are due. Avoid delays by automating payroll reminders before pay periods! PTO information as well.
- Training Classes: Having an upcoming lunch and learn? Or perhaps you are sending your team to a new training class? Remind them of the details for their learning and development.
- Performance Reviews: Annual performance review reminders are perfect for SMS. Let your employees know when they are happening so they can be prepared.
- Leadership Messages: Most companies send out important CEO messages via email but again your open rates for these messages will not match what text can provide.
Emails can get lost in the shuffle of everyday work making deadlines more difficult to meet or getting workers to show up. Meetings are time intensive and interruptive. Texts cut through that clutter.
The ideas above can and should be a part of your text messaging strategy this year and beyond. Just be sure not to over do it, there is such a thing as too many texts.
Book a demo today and learn more about getting started with text messaging for your business.