Last modified: August 21, 2019
- us offline; or
- any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from our Site.
Individuals Under the Age of 16
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not use our Site. We do not knowingly collect data from individuals under the age of 16 and, if we learn that we have received identifying information from a user under the age of eighteen, we will delete this information.
Categories of Information we Collect
We collect the following personal information when you interact with our Site:
- Contact information such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, job title, and telephone number.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
- Information you or your company authorizes us to collect from third parties.
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password, internet connection, the equipment in use and usage details.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), with us and with third parties (including, if you are using our Platform on behalf of your company, individuals your company wishes to recruit).
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information about you, your company, and individuals with whom you communicate through the platform when:
- Your employer shares your information with us.
- Your account is activated.
- You contact us via e-mail, test, live chat, or through the Platform.
- Someone contacts you through our Platform.
Additional Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Browser Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site. We rely on cookies for the proper operation of our Site. If your browser is set to reject all cookies, our Site may not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information Collected by Third Parties.
One of our third party partners is Google. We use Google’s products for the purposes of analyzing traffic to our website, as well as advertising. To learn more about how these products collect and process data and the choices Google may offer to control these activities, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Please Note: We do not control third party tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about our third-party partners, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information, below.
Links to Third Party Websites and Social Media Widgets
This Site and some of our electronic communications to you, may contain links to other websites that are owned and operated by third parties. Links to third parties from this Site are not an endorsement by us. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle information they may collect from or about you.
This Site may also include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and the page you are visiting on this Site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Your interactions with these features and the information from or about you collected by them are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you;
- To allow you to communicate through our platform;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please click the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails. Please Note: If you unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications, we may still contact you for the purpose of providing you the services offered through our Site.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Subscription Agreement or Acceptable Use Policy and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Opt Out of Online Behavioral Advertising. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. For information about opt out programs that third-party advertising companies participate in, and to opt out of the use of website browsing data for interest-based advertising by companies that participate in these programs, you can visit http://www.youradchoices.com to learn more. You can also visit the DAA Consumer Choice Page at http://youradchoices.com and download AppChoices free of charge to enable desktop data collection control. Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above, we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes and you may continue to receive ads but those ads will be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. In addition, if you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information. If there are any changes or updates to your account information, or if you would like to delete the personal information, you may contact us at [email protected] Please note: (i) we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect; (ii) we will not be able to delete data contained in backups or aggregated data from our database; and (iii) the ability for us to delete e-mail and text communications may be governed by an agreement between the Company and our client. To understand your rights with regard to that data, please review the Subscription Agreement located at https://www.emissary.ai/subscription-agreement/.
Visiting this Site from Outside the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write to us at: 41 E 11th St. 11th Floor, New York, NY 10003.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.